Re: Is Hypertext More Productive?

Subject: Re: Is Hypertext More Productive?
From: Andreas Ramos <andreas -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 1994 12:15:42 -0800

I've been looking into CD market for our company; here's a few facts:

The total American home computer market (actively used computers, ie not in
the closet or junked into the garage) is 25-27 million PC's (Macs+PC's)

Up to Christmas '93, 3-5 million CD drives were sold to computer users.
This means 10-20% of the total American PC market.
It is expected that 4 to 5 million CD drives will be sold in
1994. This is mostly with new machines. About 10 million PC's will be
sold in 94 (but many of the current PC's will be retired/replaced/junked).

yrs,
andreas
Andreas Ramos, M.A. Heidelberg Sacramento, California