Re: It ain't Pacman

Subject: Re: It ain't Pacman
From: Andreas Ramos <andreas -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 1994 15:09:46 -0800

After years of taking my glasses [ 8) or :) ] off and on to look at the
screen or the rest of the world (...there's something else than a
screen?...), my optician told me about gradated (or transitional) lenses.
It's the same as a bi-focal, in that there are different strenghts, but
it uses 128 different zones (128-focals), all of which are merged
together so that others don't see that.
So I bought a pair (rather expensive, but he wrote me a bill for a
"monitor perceptual support system", which i deducted from taxes).
It lets me see anything at any distance (close or far) in sharp focus. I
tilt my face up or down slightly, until my eyes are looking through the
right zone (of the 128 zones). After several weeks, i was able to forget
about doing this, and now my eyes do this automatically.
I find that it helps me with my work: looking at the monitor, paper on
the desk, across the room and out the window.

yrs,
andreas
Andreas Ramos, M.A. Heidelberg Sacramento, California