Politeness

Subject: Politeness
From: Ronald Lee Stone <ston0030 -at- GOLD -dot- TC -dot- UMN -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 1994 23:22:01 -0500

I have been studying the postings on the TECHWR-L list for patterns of
politeness. I intend to describe the significance of politeness to technical
communicators and other residents of the net.

I will be analyzing one of the threads from last November-December in my thesis.
Identifying information will be removed from the posts before including them in
the paper.

If anyone has any questions or concerns about the study, I'd be happy to explain
what it involves. I am also sending a message to those contributors who's posts
I would like to include in the paper.

Until later,

Ron

Ronald L. Stone : ston0030 -at- gold -dot- tc -dot- umn -dot- edu : (612) 644-9706
graduate student : Scientific & Technical Communication
Department of Rhetoric : University of Minnesota, St. Paul