Re: Page preview/composition and (or vs.) writing

Subject: Re: Page preview/composition and (or vs.) writing
From: Fred M Jacobson <fred -at- BOOLE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 1994 11:07:05 PDT

> > One word of warning: there are few things more frustrating than
> > an almost-WYSIWYG display.

> True. I've run into several instances where the page displayed on
^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^
> the screen doesn't *quite* match the printed page. I now refer to
> the display as WYSIAWYG (the "A" stands for "almost!").

Actually, it is not possible for a 72-dots-per-inch (dpi) screen
to represent the 300- or 600-dpi output of a laser printer exactly.
There is always _some_ difference. The software must be written
to minimize the consequences of that difference.

-Fred
--
INTERNET: fred -at- boole -dot- com PHONE: (408) 526-3292 FAX: (408) 526-3055
USPS: Fred Jacobson / Boole & Babbage / 3131 Zanker Road / San Jose CA 95134