Re: Prepositions without end

Subject: Re: Prepositions without end
From: John Gough <john -at- ROCKY -dot- ATRIUM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 4 May 1994 14:51:15 CDT

Point taken (it's a direct relative of the referencing problem
in philosophy, which distinguishes a word's mention (reference)
from its referent), but the longest fun string of prepositions
I've seen is a complaint from a small child at bedtime:

"Daddy, what did you bring that book I don't like
to be read to out of down for?