Re: Mickey's shorts

Subject: Re: Mickey's shorts
From: Jim Grey <jwg -at- ACD4 -dot- ACD -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 11 May 1994 08:48:32 -0500

Faith Weber can't figure it out:
>Like you, I haven't figured out a concise way to say "the right
>button, unless you've reconfigured your mouse, in which case it's
>the left button"! I think there are times when you just have to
>assume the user is reasonably intelligent.

Can you assume that the user knows the terminal's configuration when
he sits down? We can't. Some of our customers have "corporate" setups
for their stuff, which may run more than just our software, and we end
up having to roll with that. This is why I have to jump through the hoops
I described in my last post on this matter.

jim grey
--
jim grey |beebeebumbleandthestingersmottthehoopleraycharlessingers
jwg -at- acd4 -dot- acd -dot- com |lonniemackandtwangin'eddiehere'smyringwe'regoingsteadyta