Amended offer to be keeper of the FAQs, er, FAQ

Subject: Amended offer to be keeper of the FAQs, er, FAQ
From: Patrick O'Connell <patricko -at- EICON -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 12 May 1994 16:50:00 PDT

I had previously offered to be keeper of FAQs, lists of Frequently Asked
Questions, for both techwr-l and winhlp-l. The nature of a lot of recent
traffic indicates that they are desperately needed (perhaps more so on
winhlp-l than techwr-l). However, maintaining even one FAQ can be, from what
little I know, quite time-consuming.

Therefore, in an effort to preserve SOME of my free personal time for other
projects I'd prefer to maintain the FAQ only for one of these two lists, and
of the two winhlp-l is definitely of more interest to me. Is there anyone
*else* subscribing to winhlp-l who wants this job? If not, does anyone want
to share responsibilities, or be my backup in case I get hit by a bus or
something?

BTW there is now a Usenet newsgroup comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.winhelp,
and I think for winhlp-l and it to have separate FAQs would be pretty silly;
whoever maintains the FAQ, the regular postings should be made both to the
winhlp-l mailing list and this newsgroup.

SO...who'll do for techwr-l? I think Eric (J. Ray, techwr-l's listowner)
already has a short list of volunteers...and unless no one else wants the
job, that list no longer includes me.

Ciao
PatO'
|Patrick Brian O'Connell > Intermediate Technical Writer|
|Internet: patricko -at- eicon -dot- com < Eicon Technology Corporation|
|Tel: (H) 514-482-9279 > (B) 514-631-9825 x250|
.------"Ciall agus neart">>>>>>>>>>>>>>"Strength and knowledge"-----.
|"At my lemonade stand I used to give the first glass away free and |
| charge five dollars for the second glass. The refill contained |
| the antidote." -- Emo Phillips |