WANTED: info about studies on napping during the workday

Subject: WANTED: info about studies on napping during the workday
From: Patrick O'Connell <patricko -at- EICON -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 17 May 1994 13:00:00 PDT

I won't go into the gory details, but I just had something of a run-in with
our office manager here on the subject of having a place for employees to
power-nap during the day. The person in question believes that "there's a
problem" if someone needs to nap during the day -- ARGGH! I think it may
take a great deal to bring this person over to my side of this issue, if
that's even possible, so I'm looking for references to any literature
containing positive conclusions about the benefits of daytime naps for
corporate drones.

This includes books (OK, I'm not expecting too many), magazine or newspaper
articles (magazine is better; easier to get reprints), WHATEVER. I'd also
like to hear from anyone whose employer has designated "nap areas" and/or
officially approves of 10 winks to chase away the post-prandial coma or
overtime-exhaustion blues -- especially if there have been measurable
benefits. The only company I know of that does this presently is Microsoft.

Thanx,
PatO'
|Patrick Brian O'Connell > Intermediate Technical Writer|
|Internet: patricko -at- eicon -dot- com < Eicon Technology Corporation|
|Tel: (H) 514-482-9279 > (B) 514-631-9825 x250|
|------"Ciall agus neart">>>>>>>>>>>>>>"Strength and knowledge"-----|