Re: napping during the workday

Subject: Re: napping during the workday
From: Ad absurdum per aspera <JTCHEW -at- LBL -dot- GOV>
Date: Wed, 18 May 1994 23:51:08 GMT

I just saw an article on the subject from the Hartford Daily
Courant posted on someone's door. It quotes someone from the
"Socio-Economic Research Institute," described as a consulting
firm in Rhinebeck, NY, on the subject, as well as a recent book
entitled _Losing Sleep_. The UC online card catalog MELVYL
<telnet melvyl.berkeley.edu> has this to say on the subject:

1. Dotto, Lydia.
Losing sleep : how your sleeping habits affect your life
1st U.S. ed. New York : Morrow, c1990.

Who knows, maybe if enough MBAs conduct enough studies, we'll
"discover" what any five-year-old (or any adult who just had a
big lunch) intuitively knows. Until then, conduct progressively
bolder experiments until you've felt out how strictly the
near-inevitable clause in your company's policy and procedure
book, which specifies that sleeping on the job is cause for
dismissal, will be applied to productivity naps.

Drowsily,
Joe
"Never take no cut offs and hurry along as fast as you can."
-Donner Party survivor Virginia Reed