Re: Amazed at offered salaries; need input!

Subject: Re: Amazed at offered salaries; need input!
From: Ad absurdum per aspera <JTCHEW -at- LBL -dot- GOV>
Date: Sat, 28 May 1994 00:38:16 GMT

> Am I off-base totally here, or is $25-30k way too low of a range for
> tech writers who know Frame on Unix, can read C code, and can work
> totally unsupervised on end-user documentation, starting from the
> hardware and working into the software aspects of a complete
> product??? (not to mention lots other computer platforms/skills, and
> a MA in tech writing...??)

I assume you're looking in Colorado. Sheesh! What a bunch of
bottom feeders! Hewlett Packard was paying me $21k a year in
1984 ... as a summer intern who had yet to earn a degree.

Joe
"Just another personal opinion from the People's Republic of Berkeley"
Disclaimer: Even if my employer had a position on the subject,
I probably wouldn't be the one stating it on their behalf.