Re: linking Pagemaker and MS Word

Subject: Re: linking Pagemaker and MS Word
From: Teresa Urutia <Teresa_Urutia -at- CCM -dot- JF -dot- INTEL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 25 May 1994 00:42:44 PST

Janice,

I asked about something similar at my company (PageMaker 5.0 to Word 6.0) and
the expert suggested that I export the PageMaker files as .RTF files. Then when
you open them in Word, most of the styles are preserved. Of course if you have
any art it is lost and must be inserted into the Word document.

As to the linkage of PageMaker and Word, well Aldus does not go out of its way
to make using Microsoft software easy. You could probably develop Word macros
that would keep track of the changes in the versions and make the appropriate
changes, but then again...

At any rate, good luck

Teresa Urutia
Intel Corporation

Greetings!
My publications unit here at the University of Wisconsin-Madison uses Aldus
Pagemaker 5.0 to create annually about 400 direct mail marketing brochures.
It is important to our production process to be able to routinely export
the final Pagemaker documents to Microsoft Word 5.1 documents. However, the
Pagemaker exporting process is too time-consuming to meet our needs. Does
anyone know of a more efficient, automatic way to export from Pagemaker to
Microsoft Word 5.1? Does anyone know of a way to link Pagemaker and Word so
that all changes made to the Pagemaker document at any point in the
production process are made to the Word document?

Thank you.

Janice Czyscon