Re: LOOKING FOR WRITING TIPS

Subject: Re: LOOKING FOR WRITING TIPS
From: Janet L Novack <jnovack -at- WORLD -dot- STD -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 26 May 1994 13:00:48 -0400

Thank you for your comments about shop floor workers. I agree we've come
full circle. Engineers used to write poor manuals, now technical writers
are hired to do the job and manuals are better. The reality out there
however is that many companies are asking the workers to write down the
procedures they follow. If there are not going to hire technical writers,
than it behooves us to provide a way for workers to write better.

I know it's a challenge and a different audience, but that's what I find
interesting.

Janet
jnovack -at- world -dot- std -dot- com