LOOKING FOR WRITING TIPS

Subject: LOOKING FOR WRITING TIPS
From: Richard Sobocinski <"Richard_G_Sobocinski%~WHC207"@CCMAIL.PNL.GOV>
Date: Thu, 26 May 1994 09:39:00 -0700

Shop floor workers are going to WRITE the procedures or
provide input? I agree that it is very important to get the
input of the end user, but if they write the procedures you
will not end up with a very good product. Maybe I'm biased,
but that's what technical writers are for. I haven't met
many engineers that can properly string 2 sentences together
and I can't imagine it would be any different with shop
workers.
I'm compiling a list of technical writing tips and techniques to aid the
shop floor worker in writing procedures. These include assembly
procedures, inspection and test procedures, and data entry procedures.
This is to support the documentation requirement for the ISO 9000
quality standard. ISO 9000 requires that processes be documented.