Info Needed for On-line Help Development Kits

Subject: Info Needed for On-line Help Development Kits
From: Vincent Crivello <vincent_crivello -at- MANUAL3 -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 26 May 1994 14:45:34 -0800

Our company is currently researching cross-platfrom on-line documentation and
on-line help development packages. I am familiar with Visual C++ for Windows
help, Robohelp, Apple Doc Viewer, Adobe Distiller, and Frame Viewer/Reader.

Our client base is quite diverse and includes Sun Microsystems, Apple Computer,
SyQuest Technolgy, and Canon Computer Systems. In order to fully service these
company's needs, it is imperative that we have the latest documentation and
online help development tools in-house. To meet this need we have a
mixed-platform environment including Macs, Windows/DOS, SunOS, Solaris,
NeXTStep, and OS/2 computers running the latest publishing and illustration
software.

My questions are these:
1. Is there an easy way to distribute and view on-line documents on most of the
platforms listed above?
2. Are there any cross-platform on-line help development packages? If so, what
is the development platform?
3. In your opinion, what are the best on-line help development packages for
Windows? for Macintosh?

Your help in warmly appreciated. ;-)

-Vincent Crivello
Manager, Customer Relations
Manual 3, Inc.

BTW: Am I spelling "on-line" correctly or is it spelled "online."