Re: Info Needed for On-line Help Development Kits

Subject: Re: Info Needed for On-line Help Development Kits
From: Gail Issen <gail -at- INTERNET -dot- WST -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 26 May 1994 18:07:57 CDT

At 02:45 PM 5/26/94 -0800, Vincent Crivello wrote:

>My questions are these:
>1. Is there an easy way to distribute and view on-line documents on most of the
>platforms listed above?
>2. Are there any cross-platform on-line help development packages? If so, what
>is the development platform?
>3. In your opinion, what are the best on-line help development packages for
>Windows? for Macintosh?

I am using RoboHelp together with Word for Windows Version 6 with some
success. Since this requires using the Windows Help compiler, I doubt that
you could use the resulting Help file on the Macintosh. However, since
Microsoft is using the same User documentation for both Word in Windows, and
on the Mac, I wonder whether you would be able to port the same source files
across both platforms.

>BTW: Am I spelling "on-line" correctly or is it spelled "online."
I have seen the word spelled both ways, but I think that "online" is
currently preferred.