More on Zip

Subject: More on Zip
From: "Vollbach, Elizabeth" <evollbach -at- CCLINK -dot- LOGICON -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 27 May 1994 10:13:07 PST

It has also been my experience that the post office will deliver mail
with no zip code. And it has even been my experience that they will
deliver mail with even less info.

Once, after I had moved to California, I sent a letter to an old high
school friend in Michigan. I couldn't read my writing, though, in my
address book. (If you saw my handwriting, you would understand.) I
knew he lived in Detroit, and I could make out the zip code, but
that's all. I sent it anyways, with no street address and the plea,
"Mr. Mailman: HELP!" It got there. (I realize that calling the mail
person "Mr." and "man" may have been inappropriate, but it worked.)

Beth