Friday

Subject: Friday
From: Joe Fockler <jfockler -at- IPHASE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 27 May 1994 13:52:24 -0500

I hope this story does not offend anyone. If anyone has similar type
stories please send them my way.

A very wealthy man bought a beautiful estate on a cliff
overlooking the ocean in Northern California and invited some of his
closest friends to visit. After touring the beautiful scenery of Northern
California they returned to the estate. The estate was very immaculate
and included the largest swimming pool you have ever seen. The
swimming pool was filled with alligators. The wealthy man explained it
this way:

"I value courage above everything. Courage is what
made me a billionaire. In fact, I believe courage is such a powerful
virtue that if anybody is courageous enough to jump into the pool, swim
through the alligators, and make it safely to the other side alive,
I will give them anything they want. Anything -- my
house, my land, even my money. Just tell me, and it's yours."
Everyone laughed at the absurd challenge and began to follow
the man into the house for lunch ... when suddenly they heard a SPLASH!
Turning around they saw a man swimming frantically for his life across
the pool as the alligators swarmed after him. After several seconds the
man emerged, frightened and shaking, but unscathed. The wealthy man was
absolutely amazed, and stuck to his word to give the courageous person
whatever they desired. The wealthy man said:

"You are indeed a man of courageous (thinking to himself: 'or very stupid'),
and I will honor my word. What do you want?"

To which the frightened man replied:

"There is just one thing I want."

The wealthy man asked:
"What is that?"