TYPE versus ENTER

Subject: TYPE versus ENTER
From: David Dubin <David_Dubin -at- NOTES -dot- PW -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 1994 08:53:58 PDT

To add my 3 cents (inflation), we use these words in the following manner:

Type is used when the instruction requires one to type a specific
information set into a given field. Example: To add a client, type "A" in
the TRANSTYP field. (Normally the A would be bold, without quotes.)

Enter is used when the instruction requires one to enter an unknown
information set into a given field. Example: To open a client file, enter
the client number in the CLINUM field.