I Ain't No Southerner...

Subject: I Ain't No Southerner...
From: MSTSACX -at- GSUVM1 -dot- BITNET
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 1994 10:12:22 EDT

but I've lived here for eight years and I haven't noticed that Southerners
use the term "ain't" any more than people in the Northeast or Midwest--where
I used to live.

Andreas, you need to stop using The Beverly Hillbillies as your primary
source of information about southern culture. At the least, get yourself
a copy of The Encyclopedia of Southern Culture. At the most, visit.
In some parts of the deep South, you won't even hear an accent any more.

"
Saul Carliner
Information Architect
mstsacx -at- gsuvm1 -dot- gsu -dot- edu 404/892-3945