Re: Grammar and rhetoric, is that all there is to it?

Subject: Re: Grammar and rhetoric, is that all there is to it?
From: Jim Grey <jwg -at- ACD4 -dot- ACD -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 1994 10:12:44 -0500

John Brinegar said:
>I'm concerned that so many of the messages on techwr-l are about
>grammar and rhetoric. Isn't there more to technical communication
>that that?
><snip>
>I'd like to see more postings on topics such as these:
><snip>
>Should I sense interest in such topics, I'll be glad to promote their
>discussion.

John, this just isn't the way it works. There's no organizing board,
no arbiter of topics. If you want to discuss something, start discussing
it. If there's interest, others will post. This is a front-loading
system: you have to put *in* to get *out* what you want.

jim grey
--
jim grey |"Ain't nothin' better in the world, you know
jwg -at- acd4 -dot- acd -dot- com |Than lyin' in the sun, listenin' to the radio" - D. Boone