Re: Information Mapping feedback

Subject: Re: Information Mapping feedback
From: "Arlen P. Walker" <arlen -dot- walker -at- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 1994 10:27:22 -0500

>I took the four-day training last October and find that it has revolutionized
>my approach to documentation. Of the eight writers in my group, four have
>taken the training, and we are working on getting everyone trained. In fact,
>I have suggested to our Division Director that she and some of the managers
>take the two-day report writing class to improve our other business
>communications and give top-down support.

>During the IM training, I found the structured approach slightly rigid
>initially, but once I brought it back to the office, customized the IM
>layout, and developed some WordPerfect macros to make the formatting easier,
>I became a complete convert. Everything I write now is influenced by
>Information Mapping.

>I am currently reading Robert Horn's book, Mapping Hypertext, and looking
>forward to taking the online documentation training and using IM in my online
>manuals.

OK, I'm interested. Is Horn's book the best on the subject, or is there
another text on Information Mapping which is a better introduction to the
field.

"I try to stay surprised enough at life to recognize something new if I
trip over it." -- Harry Reasoner

Have Fun,
Arlen

arlen -dot- walker -at- jci -dot- com
This mail message contains 100% recycled electrons