Information Mapping feedback

Subject: Information Mapping feedback
From: "Nicole J. Burton" <nburton -at- FDIC -dot- GOV>
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 1994 10:31:43 +6816

James Brandal of Norway requested info regarding experiences with Information
Mapping.

I took the four-day training last October and find that it has revolutionized
my approach to documentation. Of the eight writers in my group, four have
taken the training, and we are working on getting everyone trained. In fact,
I have suggested to our Division Director that she and some of the managers
take the two-day report writing class to improve our other business
communications and give top-down support.

During the IM training, I found the structured approach slightly rigid
initially, but once I brought it back to the office, customized the IM
layout, and developed some WordPerfect macros to make the formatting easier,
I became a complete convert. Everything I write now is influenced by
Information Mapping.

I am currently reading Robert Horn's book, Mapping Hypertext, and looking
forward to taking the online documentation training and using IM in my online
manuals.

NBurton -at- FDIC -dot- GOV
DIRM Writing & Editing Unit