contract editing

Subject: contract editing
From: Marilynne Smith <m -dot- smith182 -at- GENIE -dot- GEIS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 1994 07:14:00 UTC

I once edited a proposal after I was told not to. When I was done, I asked
the writer "Are you really going to do all this work for $1.80?" You
guessed it - it should have been $1.8 million.

Another time, I found this term in a proposal "expensive experience."
They meant, of course, extensive experience.

Is an editor worth it? I think so. It sounds like you think so too.

Plan your approach. What benefit of editing would be the most interesting
to your boss? What would benefit the group? Would it save money in the
long run? Go for it!

-Marilynne