Re: (tangent) Click or clic

Subject: Re: (tangent) Click or clic
From: Michael Cooperman <michael_cooperman -at- MATHWORKS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 1994 09:29:12 -0500

Subject: Reply Form Time:9:25 AM
RE>>(tangent) Click or click on Date:6/10/94
Re the "Click" versus the "Click on" controversy:

I don't think users who have some experience with GUIs will wonder what
either means. So, I suggest you pick one and only one.

As for a recent comment about including a graphic instead of the button
label, I think that's extra work that doesn't add anything as long as the
name you mention is the one they find on the button. I would find it
especially time consuming because I sometimes document Windows software using
FrameMaker on my Mac. Capturing and transporting these images is difficult
enough to discourage its frequent use.

michael cooperman
mcooperman -at- mathworks -dot- com