Flame Wars and "Offical Business"

Subject: Flame Wars and "Offical Business"
From: "George F. Hayhoe III" <george -dot- hayhoe -at- SRS -dot- GOV>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 1994 09:11:00 -0400

Many of us are fortunate enough to have access to the Internet and the
use of the Internet to "Official Business."

While I've found the recent flame war between Mike LaTorra, Dan Dieterich,
and others to be interesting, I don't think my company's Computer Security
organization would consider it "Official Business."

I agree with LaVonna Funkhouser that we ought to restrict our comments to
areas that are clearly technical communication-oriented. Let's leave the
sociology and psychology to professionals in those fields, or indulge
our own interests in those subjects on our own time and bandwidth, not our
employers'.