Resume Pitfall

Subject: Resume Pitfall
From: "Robert E. Allen" <re_allen -at- PNL -dot- GOV>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 1994 15:34:24 GMT

One of our personnel gurus told me that all gaps in employment
in a resume should be explained, particularly for men. If a woman
showed an unexplained gap in employment, the assumption was
that she was raising children, but if a man showed an unexplained
gap, the assumption was that he was in jail.

If this were a sociology group, I might comment on this unfair
bias against men. Since it's for tech writers, however, I'll not
start up an inappropriate thread.

Bob

Simplicate, and add light.