Re: Video and Technical Writing?

Subject: Re: Video and Technical Writing?
From: Lori Lathrop <76620 -dot- 456 -at- COMPUSERVE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 1994 12:31:23 EDT

who asks:

> [stuff deleted]
> ... my actual task is planning an one-year video project ....
> [more stuff deleted]
> Has anyone done this before and is able to tell me about his/her
> experiences in planning and realizing such a project? Whre can I
> find a kind of manual which describes the creating of storyboards
> for technical video documentations?

Alexander -- I've written video scripts and scripts for interactive
multimedia applications. Here's a list of some books I'd recommend:

_Video Production Handbook_ by Gerald Millerson (1987: Focal Press,
London and Boston) -- A good primer on video production .

_Managing Interactive Video/Multimedia Projects_ by Robert E. Bergman
and Thomas V. Moore (1990: Educational Technology Publications,
Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632) -- An excellent book that covers nearly
every detail you'll need to consider.

_The IBM Multimedia Handbook: A Complete Guide to Hardware and Software
Applications_ by Steve Floyd (1991: Brady Publishing, New York, NY
10023) -- Another excellent book with many good examples & great tips.

_Scripting for the New AV Technologies, Second Edition_ by Dwight V.
Swain and Joye R. Swain (1991: Butterworth-Heinemann, Stoneham,
MA 02180) -- Great primer with wonderful examples.

_The Scriptwriter's Handbook_ by William J. Von Nostran (1989: Knowledge
Industry Publications, White Plains, NY 10604) -- Excellent reference,
if all the plastic paper clips and sticky notes in mine are any
indication.

Good luck and have fun with your project!

Lori Lathrop ----------> INTERNET:76620 -dot- 456 -at- compuserve -dot- com
Lathrop Media Services
P.O. Box 808
Georgetown, CO 80444