IBM script to MS Word conversion ?

Subject: IBM script to MS Word conversion ?
From: Gotlieb Carl R1478C <r1478c -at- TEMPECCPB -dot- SPS -dot- MOT -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 1994 09:56:25 MST

I've got a manual now in IBM script format on the mainframe that I'd like
to convert to MS Word for Windows. We tried moving it to ascii and then
to Word, but lots of extraneous characters got thrown in, characters which
I cannot use the Find and Replace command on. After the conversion, the
Word doc looks something like this excerpt:

-in the EXEC Parm parameter and the DD names associated E - with the DBD's
referenced by the L G -PSB. L G E 1 -Execution time (Unconverted)
JCL Option L G E 1 -The 1 -Administrators E - Guide 1 -
describes the procedure by which a Psys and Lsys L G E -systems are
identified by a token and E - the DLI DFSRRC00 module relinked to
provide an intercept. 8!!513 v00

(Plus lots of little box characters that won't reproduce here.)

Anyone have any better ideas or experience with this? The other option I
have is to scan in the paper doc -- might be easier than cleaning up
this mess, but still a lengthy task!

Thank you.

Yours indenturedly,
Carl Gotlieb
r1478c -at- tempeccpb -dot- sps -dot- mot -dot- com