Re: Guide to the Internet

Subject: Re: Guide to the Internet
From: Grace Joely Beatty <Empressgjb -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 1994 01:35:41 EDT

Marilynne asks:

>The time is ripe for an easy to use, easy to understand user's >guide to the
Internet. If I'm behind the times, please give title and >author.

If I can indulge in a little shameless self-advertising I'd like to refer you
to our forthcoming book: "Internet for Windows: America Online Edition" by
Gardner and Beatty, Prima Publishers. (My husband is David Gardner and I'm
Joely Beatty.) The book is part of our Visual Learning Guide series. As the
name of the series implies, our books are extremely visual and contain a
screen capture for every step the reader performs. All of our books are on
various Windows-based applications. They've gotten excellent reviews in the
NYTimes Computer section, Publishers Weekly, The Globe and Mail in Toronto,
Golden Gate Computer Society newsletter, etc. and a number of them have been
on the computer best-seller lists. The Internet book will be ready for
publication in a couple of months.

BTW, my first purpose in joining this mailing list was to show a step-by-step
example of finding an interesting mailing list, joining, contributing, etc.
However, I'm sticking with it because it's a great list and you, as members,
make it extremely worthwhile. Thanks.

Joely Beatty
AOL = Empressgjb
Internet = Empressgjb -at- aol -dot- com

June 27, 1994
10:22 pm