Re: Adobe side note

Subject: Re: Adobe side note
From: "David L. Bergart" <bodafu -at- CCVAX -dot- SINICA -dot- EDU -dot- TW>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 1994 17:49:10 +0800

Shannon Ford <shannon -at- UNIFACE -dot- ALAMEDA -dot- CA -dot- US>

>Beware that if the only method you use for distributing docs is with
>postsript files (like Acrobat files), you may be locking blind users
>out of the product. This is because the translation (text to speech)
>programs available today cannot read these files.

It's worse than that. Believe it or not -- even some of us who are not blind
can't do diddly with Postscript files. Postscript is a standard only for
people with Postscript printers, but you'd never know that from the number of
docs that are available only in PS. If I have to buy a $1000 PS printer just
to read the docs for your product, you've priced yourself out of the
competition.

David

bodafu -at- ccvax -dot- sinica -dot- edu -dot- tw