Service Mark Dilemma

Subject: Service Mark Dilemma
From: David A Lowe <29215 -at- EF -dot- GC -dot- MARICOPA -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 1994 10:14:35 -0700

Hello all,

I am writing a new section for our online system. All of a sudden I realized
that no one had thought of registering our new service as a service mark!

I am going to put the "SM" after the service name and change it to an
"(R)" after we get the federal registration.

Here's my dilemma:
(Pardon the example, I have to be clandestine!)

The new service we are offering is Blah Blah Blah.
We will also refer to this new service with the initialism of BBB.

Here is my question:
Do we also need to register BBB as a service mark?
Should we do it all in one process? That is, do we register it as Blah
Blah Blah and also known as BBB?

We have a bunch of lawyers that will do all of this, but they are not
really accessible to ask questions. We need to tell our liaison exactly
what we want.

Thanks in advance!

-- Dave

David Lowe
TRANSAMERICA
29215 -at- ef -dot- gc -dot- maricopa -dot- edu REAL ESTATE TAX SERVICE
Publications Center