Re: Guide to the Internet

Subject: Re: Guide to the Internet
From: Lori Lathrop <76620 -dot- 456 -at- COMPUSERVE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 1994 09:07:18 EDT

Marilynne Smith (INTERNET:m -dot- smith182 -at- GENIE -dot- GEIS -dot- COM) says:

> The time is ripe for an easy to use, easy to understand user's guide
> to the Internet. If I'm behind the times, please give title and author.

Marilynne -- My book, _An Indexer's Guide to the Internet_ (published
last month by the American Society of Indexers, P.O. Box 386,
Port Aransas, TX / phone: 512-749-4052) is a good primer on the Internet,
especially for those with a passion for indexing. It also contains a
Select Bibliography with a fairly extensive list of recent books and
articles on the Internet. My favorite books include:

_The Internet Directory_ by Eric Braun. New York, NY: Fawcett
Columbine (a division of Ballantine Books), 1994

_The Internet Complete Reference_ by Harley Hahn. Berkeley, CA:
Osborn McGraw-Hill, 1994

BTW, Tracey LaQuey is updating her book, __The Internet Companion_,
and the indexer working with her is a friend of mine so I know she'll do
an excellent job on it.

Lori Lathrop
Lathrop Media Services
P.O. Box 808