Screen shots

Subject: Screen shots
From: John Engels <JohnE71135 -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 1994 07:48:41 EDT

I write PC documentation using a Mac, and have always thought there must be
an easy way to convert PC screen shots into graphic files for easier sizing
and to reduce the chance of an element from moving. When I do prntofile
commands on the PC and then import them to Pagemaker or a word-processor for
the Mac, the ASCII border characters come out as different characters, and
the search and replace takes just as long as retyping the whole screen, whic
is what I am doing right now.

Does anyone have any ideas or useful techniques that address this problem? Or
know of any software that can "shoot and save" the screens?