Re: Smiley Punctuation

Subject: Re: Smiley Punctuation
From: SuePStewrt -at- AOL -dot- COM
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 1994 20:39:08 EDT

Karla McMaster writes:

>>Personally, I feel that if what I write
>>needs an emoticon to defuse or explain it, then I probably >>haven't
thought
>>enough about the words I used. Novels aren't full of >>emoticons, yet most
of
us
>>seem to understand sarcasm and humor when we read it.<<

Ah, but novels ARE full of adverbs, Sue said informatively. That means that
in a novel, one knows how something was said because of another word--Aren't
you cute, he said sarcastically; aren't you cute, he said fondly; aren't you
cute, he said disinterestedly.

And how do you think I meant this? Guess! suepstewrt -at- aol -dot- com