Re: Technical Writer Positions

Subject: Re: Technical Writer Positions
From: Laura Johnson <lauraj -at- CND -dot- HP -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 1994 20:19:04 GMT

Cathy S. Zazueta (csz -at- cerf -dot- net) wrote:
: Without taking into consideration experience and other requirements,
: when a job posting asks that applicants have "a degree in Journalism,
: English, Technical Communications or RELATED area," does a degree in
: French or another language qualify as a related field????? It may
: depend on the particular position ... or does it?

: I notice various editorial and writing jobs use these terms, and I've
: always wondered if my undergraduate degree in French fits the bill. I
: did focus on language, translation, stylistics as opposed to literature.
: Many thanks!

If you think you can do the job in question, then it's related enough
for you to apply. If the hiring manager thinks you can do the job, then
your degree is related enough for you to get the job. ;-> The words
"or related area" constitute a loophole -- use it in good health!