Re: Re[2]: re "appears" at work

Subject: Re: Re[2]: re "appears" at work
From: Laura Johnson <lauraj -at- CND -dot- HP -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 1994 20:28:25 GMT

asdxvlk -at- okway -dot- okstate -dot- edu wrote:

: Finally, anyone have any opinion on "want" vs "wish"? I just re-read my
posting
: before SENDING (looking for sp's, typos and....Netiquette faux pas...) and
: noticed that Chuck says "want", I say "wish". I spent the last two weeks
: editing developers' functional specifications, and changed all the "wants" to
: "wishes". Now I wonder why.

You were doing the engineers' and managers' work for them. Next draft,
change them to "would be nice"s, then to "perhaps next release", then
for your final draft, make them "non-goals." You'll save everyone a
lot of time. ;-> <- replace winking smiley with description of sarcastic
intent if you so choose.