Re: Tech. Writing out of US

Subject: Re: Tech. Writing out of US
From: Louise Penberthy <louise -at- PRAVDA -dot- CC -dot- GATECH -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 1994 12:09:08 -0400

In article <9407211858 -dot- AA01198 -at- alena -dot- edsvcs>,
Nora Merhar <merhar -at- alena -dot- corp -dot- rockwell -dot- com> wrote:
>I am interested in job possibilities outside of the US. Are there any American
>citizens out there who have done this (or citizens of any other country working
>outside their country of origin)? Can you give me some idea of what connections
>you have to make, language requirements, etc?

Either STC or IEEE TRans. on Professional Communication had an
article within the past five years about the experiences of a
technical writer in Japan. Sorry I can't remember which -- I was
skimming both in the library the other day. Anyhow, it may not
be exactly what you have in mind, but I found it interesting.

One of the amusing stories the author told was of when a
co-worker, who was testing a document, asked her to read
something written in blue ink. She later found out that he
wanted to make sure that someone with blue eyes could, indeed,
read something written in blue ink. :-)

-- Louise Penberthy

--
Louise Penberthy | O Goddess, keep me in the company of
LCC | those who seek the truth, and preserve