Re: another bad manuscript

Subject: Re: another bad manuscript
From: "Tom Parker [Consultant]" <PARKER_T -at- A1 -dot- WDC -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 1994 21:07:00 PST

Gwen:

I work in a disk drive manufacturing environment. I have had several
managers -- none of whom seemed to have the faintest idea about what
I did. In fact, when I tried to explain to any of them what I was
doing -- I got rebuffed. They DO NOT want to know. They apparently
want me to take the documentation away and DO it, whatever that means.
All the engineers are relieved that I TAKE IT AWAY so they don't have
to do it. My managers think highly of my work. I'm not sure on what
basis -- but it's OK with me. Keeping mgmt happy is one part of doing
a good job. The other part is doing effective writing -- and in that
I am completely on my own -- no feedback from users or engineers --
so I do what I can. But mgmt with its head buried in the sand is NOT
an uncommon situation.

Tom P.