thanks and what gives?

Subject: thanks and what gives?
From: JBergen <jbergen -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 1994 00:47:07 -0400

I have two things here:

First, thanks to all the replies (most were sent privately) to my question
about "lower right" vs. "lower-right" vs. "lower, right" when describing a
corner. I would have to say the majority favored "lower right corner" and
that was my choice also. I just needed to break an office tie....winning
is a great feeling!

Second, I have a question about the tech writer list. I was on the
Internet the other night through a different node and account (my
university) and I looked at the newsgroup. There were many messages posted
that never appeared on the bitnet group, or on the newgroup that I monitor
through America Online. I'm really curious....am I missing a whole lot?
For example, my question about the "lower right" corner never appeared in
the internet list from the university. Can anyone enlighten me? I do see
replies to messages quite often on the America Online newsgroup for which
I would swear I had never seen the original messages. What gives?

Jane Bergen
AnswerSoft, Inc.