Learning about SGML

Subject: Learning about SGML
From: Marsha Wolicki <cmawta -at- TAUX01 -dot- NSC -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 1994 09:38:52 IDT

Our documents will have to be SGML compliant sometime in the future.

I have read, with interest, most of the communications on this list
that relate to the subject.

To date, what I know about SGML I have garnered from this list.
I have gotten the impression that converting to SGML is a big project.

- Are there courses that teach about SGML and converting to it?

- Are there guides to setting up a conversion program?

- How do you go about converting a whole department, and existing and
future documents?

- Is everyone flying by the seat of his pants, or are there seminars
and/or consultants that have tried and true methods and procedures
that they recommend?

- How do you develop a template for a document that must be SGML compliant?
What must you do? What is not permitted?

- What must be done at what stage?

I am in Israel. Does anyone know of courses or meetings on this subject here?

Help!

You're a great group.

Marsha
cmawta -at- taux01 -dot- nsc -dot- com