Re: this list and disappeari

Subject: Re: this list and disappeari
From: Tracey Showalter <tshowalt -at- SCTCORP -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 1994 09:41:58 U

RE>this list and disappearing
Janie Bergen asked:
>Why do some messages never appear on the list as it appears on America
>Online? I posted this message a couple of days ago but it hasn't appeared
>yet and I've been searching diligently for it. And I always see messages
>that appear to be responses to messages that I never saw.

>I have another Internet account, which is a full UNIX-based account at the
>local university. I monitor the list there, as well, because it's faster.
>But I have noticed that some messages appear on the America Online list,
>and others appear only on the university newsgroups list. I thought they
>were the same.

I have noticed the same phenomenon. I used to receive TECHWR-L in digest and
assumed that I was just reading and forgetting postings. Now I receive the
messages as they're posted and frequently see replies to replies without
receiving the original.

Eric??

Tracey Showalter
tshowalt -at- sctcorp -dot- com