Re: Report on how kids can't write well

Subject: Re: Report on how kids can't write well
From: LaVonna Funkhouser <lffunkhouser -at- HALNET -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 1994 13:55:39 -0500

I appreciated reading that report, and I sent Bob
a note saying so. (He doesn't read this list.)

I plan to send it to my former high-school English teacher
who is currently in battle with her principal. He wants her
to water down her teaching and to stop flunking kids because
it hurts their self-esteem. (I think I'll send it to the
principal, too.) She is a wonderful teacher who teaches lit.
and writing equally well, but last year she was demoted from
senior English to sophomore English because she dared speak out
against outcome-based education. (Although I'm not necessarily
trying to open that debate here.)

BTW, I called her after attending a high-school reunion recently,
but I'll let you guess what year it was! (ie, x-year reunion)

Good weekend, all.

LaVonna
lffunkhouser -at- halnet -dot- com