Re: Pulling my hair out

Subject: Re: Pulling my hair out
From: "Lori A. Moreland" <lamorela -at- CLE -dot- AB -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 1994 09:15:59 -0400

Hi, Shelly!

We all feel that need to vent when it becomes too much. As usual, your story
reminds me of another story...
My brother was going for his PhD in psychology & asked me to edit his
dissertation. After all, he vaguely understood that I was involved in writing
in some way.
Well, the dissertation was moribund! Awkward, long constructions, clumsy
sentences, etc. The funniest thing was the trouble he had with diction, i.e.
word choice. In one instance, he wanted to say "typology" (which I would have
changed to 'type' anyway). Instead, he wrote "typography".

Bahahahahahahahaha!

This sounds cruel of me until you remember how much older brothers can terrorize
younger sisters!
Your fellow spelling-bee veteran,
Lori Moreland