Re: Asian English

Subject: Re: Asian English
From: Karen Kay <karenk -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 1994 15:43:52 -0700

Richard Mateosian said:
> there aren't many facile writers of english who understand asian languages.
> The few there are make good livings at it and have long backlogs.

In Silicon Valley, there is a huge demand for technical writers who can
write in Japanese. There is almost no demand for technical writers who
can read Japanese and write in English. From what I hear, all of that
work is done in Japan.

So I'd like to know where these long backlogs are; I'd be happy to
take some work off their hands, and I know two other writers in the
same situation. Resume upon request.:)

Karen
karenk -at- netcom -dot- com