Re: Ethical Question

Subject: Re: Ethical Question
From: Lori Lathrop <76620 -dot- 456 -at- COMPUSERVE -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 1994 00:52:47 EDT

Michael -- Thanks for the response to my ethical question. You mentioned
a good point about my friendship with the guy. We are *not* close
friends; we're merely professional acquaintances with some common
interests. Consequently, I don't know for sure how he would react if I
were to say something to him.

If I had reason to believe that he had pirated something of *mine*, I
would definitely say something to him. However, his decision to use that
particular graphic has nothing at all to do with me personally ... so I'm
leaning heavily toward *not* saying anything to him. Also, as a few
others have pointed out in their notes to me, he may have a perfectly
legitimate reason for using the graphic (although, I admit, I honestly
don't share that opinion!).

At any rate, I'm very close to deciding that I should *not* interfere in
the guy's business, even though most of the responses I received
encouraged me to find a tactful way to say something to him.

from so many people has helped me gain a clearer perspective on the
question and on my own feelings about it.

Lori Lathrop ---------------> INTERNET:76620 -dot- 456 -at- compuserve -dot- com
Lathrop Media Services
P.O. Box 808
Georgetown, CO 80444