Re: Ethical Question

Subject: Re: Ethical Question
From: LaVonna Funkhouser <lffunkhouser -at- HALNET -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 1994 15:41:37 -0500

On the topic of graphics and infringement:

Lori's question about pirated graphics reminds me of something
I saw several years ago. When I was about 12 or so, I subscribed
to _Teen_ magazine. I noticed several issues with an ad that
used a photo of a teen boy, a teen girl, and a car. (Really creative,
huh?!) About a year later, I noticed an ad in another publication
that used nearly the same boy, girl, and car, but the illustration
was a pencil drawing, not a photo. BTW, I believe the photo was
for something like antiperspirant and the drawing was for something
like car insurance. I always wondered if someone got sued over
that.
LaVonna
replies to lffunkhouser -at- halnet -dot- com