CD-ROM mastering

Subject: CD-ROM mastering
From: Gordon Meyer <grmeyer -at- GENIE -dot- GEIS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 1994 00:31:00 UTC

I know that Dataware Technologies in Colorado offers pre-mastering
and mastering tools. We have Dataware do the pre-mastering and
mastering for us, as the equipment to do it yourself is too expensive
to make it worth purchasing...at least for us. We do 3 CD-ROM
releases a year, at at that rate it would take about 2.5 years to
"payoff" the hardware to do it ourselves. At the rate technology
changes, it wasn't a wise investment for us.

Gordon