Converting a document to hypertext

Subject: Converting a document to hypertext
From: Barb Miller <millerb -at- TCPLINK -dot- NREL -dot- GOV>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 1994 07:49:46 MST

I am looking at updating a 120-page document that would be more useful
as an on-line hypertext document. I, nor anyone else in my
organization, have never done this. In fact, I have never even used a
hypertext document outside of Windows on-line help. Can you wonderful
people answer some basic questions that will help me decide if this is
what I want to do?

What software do I need to put the document on? (It is currently in
WordPerfect 5.2 on a PC.)

Would the user have to have the same software to use it?

I plan to send it on a 3-1/2-inch diskette (the current file is about
580 kilobytes with all the formatting). With the hypertext links, will
it fit on a floppy?

What other issues should I consider in making this decision?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Barbara Miller
National Renewable Energy Laboratory
Golden, Colorado
(303) 275-3671
millerb -at- tcplink -dot- nrel -dot- gov