Re: Converting a document to hypertext

Subject: Re: Converting a document to hypertext
From: Aahz <aahz -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 1994 23:25:03 GMT

In article <9408147795 -dot- AA779554224 -at- tcplink -dot- nrel -dot- gov>,
<millerb -at- tcplink -dot- nrel -dot- gov> wrote:
> I am looking at updating a 120-page document that would be more useful
> as an on-line hypertext document.
[. . .]
> What software do I need to put the document on? (It is currently in
> WordPerfect 5.2 on a PC.)

> Would the user have to have the same software to use it?

WP just introduced a "reader" program called Envoy; I believe it
includes hypertext capabilities.

Reader programs (e.g. Acrobat from Adobe) allow you to distribute files
*and* formatting information to people without the original program.
It's kind of like a "run-time" word processor.
--
--- Aahz (@netcom.com)

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6
Androgynous kinky vanilla queer het

The best way to get information on Usenet is not to ask a question,
but to post the wrong information.