Re: Another Ethical Question

Subject: Re: Another Ethical Question
From: Norma Shulman <Norma_Shulman -at- BOSE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 1994 13:11:41 -0500

Date 9/16/94
Subject Re- Another Ethical Questio
From Norma Shulman
To techwr-l

The reliability of getting paid is an issue related to working through an
agency which has not been addressed in this discussion.

About 8 years ago, working for a company as a direct contractor, I would wait
90 days or more for payment. They treated me as they did all their vendors -
string out the payment as long as possible. We negotiated an improvement in
this game, although I found a full-time job elsewhere before I had to tolerate
too many months of this.

As a full-time employee, I supervised a contractor who was working through an
agency. The company was having cash flow difficulties (note: now bankrupt), so
they strung out the payments to the agency. The contractor received his pay
from the agency on a regular schedule, but was pulled from the job
precipitously when the agency felt its warnings about the delinquent account
were being ignored. So our contractor did get paid on time, but lost the job.